Last Updated: October 19, 2018
WHO ARE WE?
WHAT DO WE DO?
Killi provides Services directly to you as the owner of the Data, by providing a medium to exchange your information with the Purchasers through the App. Purchasers can use the information collected by our proprietary technology in any way, including, but not limited to, Off-line Data Matching and Device Matching, and specifically for Ad Selection, Delivery and Reporting as well as Content Selection, Delivery, and Reporting.
What Data is Collected Through the App?
We do not store your personal identifiable information indefinitely, however we do store it temporarily in order to process, organize and anonymize it in order to be able to use and share it as part of the Services. We use an anonymized ID to recognize you. The type of Data that we collect from you may include:
- Personal information such as email and phone number;
- Device location (e.g., latitude/longitude coordinates), and time of day;
- Demographics (such as gender, birth date, etc.);
- Information about devices (e.g., make, model, OS, and other similar Information, but not phone number);
- The information about the App permissions (e.g., deliver notifications, use location services, and other similar Information); and
- Opinions of end users on brand-driven questions, such as brand awareness or quality.
What Data is Collected Through the Corporate Website?
When you visit our corporate Website www.killi.io or related websites (collectively, “Websites”), we may collect and store information related to the use of the Websites, such as IP Address or Mobile advertising ID, and information pertaining to devices, network, protocols and software and the date and time of visits. We will use this information to help us provide a more relevant and useful site experience to our Website visitors. This information is also used in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Websites. In order to use some functions of these Websites, you may be required to register or provide personal information, such as your name and email address. This information will be used only for the purposes of providing you with the functionality you have registered for.
How Is Your Data Collected?
Killi collects Data through the App and the information collected from the App is stored on your mobile device. Data collected through the Website is store on the Website. Once Killi obtains the Data collected through the App, and a Purchaser puts in a request for the Data, Killi will transmit that Data through an API, in encrypted form, via a HTTPS protocol to the Purchaser’s data management platform.
How Is Your Data Used and Shared?
The Data is collected to create a detailed user profile on your device. The visitor information can help build interest about you, which can lead to more data points collected. The Data is shared directly with potential Purchasers that are willing to compensate the End User at fair market value. The Data is also shared with Killi Inc.’s Partners that offer marketing attribution, analytics, SMS and push notification services. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Killi Inc.’s Partners adopt privacy policies that are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”).
How Is Your Data Retained and Secured?
We understand how important protecting your privacy is, and we are committed to safeguarding the Data collected or accessed. We have implemented specific security procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of Data we gather. Access to Data is restricted to select employees or representatives. By default, Killi stores all user Data on your mobile device until the App is deleted. We may retain anonymized, non-personal Data (demographic information and interests) on Killi’s servers for an extended period of time, in order to generate market segments to advertisers and provide users with surveys. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (“GDPR”)
Opting In to Data Sharing
All data points collected from the App are automatically shared, unless otherwise stated by the App. For example, when your phone number and email address are first collected, it is for verification purposes and not to be shared. You will then have an opportunity to specifically opt in to allow those data points to be shared.
Opting Out of Data Sharing
Preventing Future Use of Data
To delete your registered Account, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your registered Account be deleted. In order to process this request, and to verify that the owner of the registered Account is the party seeking the deletion, Killi will require that you provide your Public Key and Advertising ID (IDFA for iOS and AAID for Android).
How Do You View Your Transactions?
You can access your transaction activity history in your registered Account. If you would like details on which Purchasers have purchased your data, you can request a detailed list of Purchasers from email@example.com. You will require your Public Key and your Advertising ID (IDFA for iOS and AAID for Android), for reference when making this request.
How Are Your Transactions Managed?
Killi stores all transactions on and off blockchain. We store all transactions in a ‘read only’ format on a publicly available ledger. Then, once a day, or after we have reached 10,000 transactions, we hash the transactions and store the hash on the blockchain, making our audit trail completely immutable and transparent to you. If you want to access the transactions, you can look up their Public Key in our ledger and go through the process of hashing the data, based on an algorithm we provide, and find the hashed transaction on the blockchain.
How Do You Opt Out of Sharing Your Data?
In the ‘profile’ tab of your registered Account, you have the option to edit any data point that you are sharing. Once you click ‘stop sharing’, the data point will no longer be shared with any advertisers it will only reside on your phone. This is with exception to IDFA.
You can, however, refresh your IDFA and stop sharing your location at any point by doing the following:
- Apple devices:
- Opt out of app-based tracking for interest-based advertising by updating to iOS 6.0 or higher, and setting Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON’. For iOS 6, you can do this by selecting Settings -> General -> About -> Advertising and toggling Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON’. For iOS 7 and higher, you can do this by selecting Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising and toggling Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON’. You can obtain further information on how to limit ad tracking on your iOS device or to reset your IDFA here: IDFA Opt-Out.
- Opt out location sharing by selecting Settings -> Location Services -> Killi -> Select never.
- Android devices:
- Opt out app-based tracking for interest-based advertising by taking the following steps: (i) Open the Google Settings app on your device; (ii) Select “Ads”; and (iii) Opt out of interest-based ads. You can obtain further information about how identifiers on mobile are used for advertising and receive instruction for how to opt out of mobile advertising here: Google Privacy & Terms webpage.
- Opt out location sharing by selecting Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Killi -> Permissions -> Location -> Toggle to off.
Attn: Privacy Officer
409 King St. West
For additional information on your rights regarding the collection and use of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction.